Thursday, February 7, 2013

Itty Bitty Quilt


Waaayyyy back in January of 2010 when my current obsession was modern quilting (I still love it), I participated in a quilt block swap called the Modern Siggy Swap. 100 people created 101 blocks, signed them and wrote their location, then sent them off to a person who created a package for each participant. What we got back was a neat little package all ready to be made into a beautiful little quilt, a modern take on the historic signature quilt except even cooler because there were blocks from people all over the country, and even a few international ones.

A by-product of all that block making, though, were 202 teeny tiny little squares made from two triangles, one a print, one white fabric. Some quilter may have thrown them out, but I thought they would make a perfect doll quilt. And with the worst part of the work done, all I had to do was sew the squares together and add a border. Easy. No time at all.

Three years later, I finally sewed the binding on.

Maybe I didn't do it quickly, but the finished product was worth the wait. I hope my niece likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment