Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Georgia Makes an Introduction

My name is Georgia, and I like to make things. What kinds of things I like to make depends on the season, my mood, and what I may have recently discovered and become obsessed with (I do that a lot). But usually I like to make pretty and/or useful things. I have owned a number of handmade businesses over the years, including jewelry, handbags, home goods, and, most recently, hand-dyed yarn.

Due to changes in my life, and more urgently, a very unhappy rotator cuff, I've had to give up my yarn business and take a "normal" job. Now I'm back to making things simply because it brings me joy, and that's really the best reason to make anything.

My husband and I are also in the process of renovating our little 1850's cape. From exposing the original sidelights around the front door, to installing wainscoting in the dining and bathrooms, we're doing everything we can to bring back its old time charm.

This blog is a place for me to share the simple joy of making.

No comments:

Post a Comment